Thursday, June 30, 2011

Twas the night before Clayton's birth.....

Tomorrow, July 1st is Clayton's 6th birthday. It's only fitting since tomorrow is his day I focus this writing on his pending birth and trying to prep the  house and Kira for the new addition to rock her throne.

At about 20 weeks Harry and I found out that baby number 2 was a boy. We started to personalize at home with "you're going to have a little brother, you're getting your own room so your brother can have his etc". Each time met with a very confident little lady telling me the baby was a girl, not, definitely NOT a boy. We kept up the boy reference and each time talked about Clayton her brother coming soon. Again, nope it's going to be a girl....that is until the night before my C Section was scheduled.  I remember it very clearly....

 Kira was in her diaper and t shirt, playing at the coffee table, me running around trying to get things situated for our departure to the hospital. Kira told me she changed her mind. After months ...she finally changed her mind. I had to explore this....
"Kira I thought you said it was going to be a girl."
"No, its going to be a boy. God told me so.".
"God? You were talking to God?" 
"yes"
"When did you and God talk?"
" On the stairs and SHE told me it was going to be a boy".

Never another argument about it.

3 comments: